Dr. Shalini Kapoor Kad
Sept. 30, 2010
A homoeopathic paediatrician, a counselling expert and a freelance writer are a few words to describe my profession. My sole aim is to put forth practical piece of information that guides every one right in the direction, blending the medicos to a layman with a simple gesture to make the medical things a little less convoluted and comprehendible.
Many a times couples report of no fertilisation even with all the measures to conceive. They may be normal with no apparent signs and symptoms indicating of being unwell or else may also report of a pregnancy earlier but have failed to achieve it once again. Diet plays a crucial role and a few changes in what one eats can make all the difference. These foods promote health and open ways to conceive in the most natural manner.
- The entire reproductive system works on the hormonal levels and their variation. So it is of utmost importance to keep the hormones regulated and functioning. Vitamin rich diet is essential as they assist the endocrine function. Vitamin E rich foods in particular are advisable for a conception; increasing male fertility. These include hazelnuts, wheat germ seeds, almonds, cotton seed oil, sunflower oil etc.
- Though we all need zinc in minimal amounts but its role is integral to be utilised in various spheres of development. Sexual arena is an important niche when it comes to this mineral, zinc promotes sexual maturation and guide ways for natural conception. Oysters, shellfish, wheat germ wheat bran all form rich sources of zinc and should be included wisely within the diet for good.
- Maintain acceptable range of weight. Excess of fat in the body never promotes fertility and also it can prove hazardous in the later stages of pregnancy. Exercising not only regulates weight and stimulates feel good factors but also strike the balance so well that it can almost curtail odds interfering fertilisation like PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease, one of the prominent causes of infertility in females)
- For men who suffer lower sperm count should give up on their alcohol intake as alcohol lowers the count further and adds another area of havoc to infertility in males.
- Selenium rich food is too essential for males as their deficiency can act derogatory on the process. Wheat germ, Brazil nuts, shellfish, tuna, cashew nuts all are rich sources of selenium and should be included well in diet.
- For female’s animal meats is a complete no. Studies conducted worldwide summoned the negative influence of animal proteins on the fertility cycle. Conclusively a female struggling hard to be pregnant will have to give up on the beef and meat that she used to relish and rather try to get proteins from the vegetable sources.
- Caffeine is another area to be given up for fertility issues. Studies reveal a higher percentage of miscarriages in females who consumed caffeine on regular basis as compared to those who dint had it. Also if their pregnancies continued they reported lower birth weight and premature deliveries.
- Smoking can prove harmful both for fertility and pregnancy and should be put on an absolute hold. For females both active and passive smoke is to be avoided.
In case even after 6 to 8 months of adopting the above and having sex on regular basis a couple fails to achieve then for sure medical help is to be sorted to detect of any pathology that may be interfering. In case the couple ages around 35 years then after 3 months of adaptation medical help can be approached.