Chronic Symptomatic Hiv Infection
Chronic symptomatic HIV infection is also called early symptomatic HIV infection. In this stage of infection the HIV virus is present in the body but no signs of development of AIDs are seen yet.
Create this article
Chronic symptomatic HIV infection may be caused due to presence of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). HIV is commonly caused if the baby is born to a HIV-positive mother. HIV also gets transmitted during blood transfusion. Using used injections of others for drugs also lead to this disease. Keeping more than one sexual partner at a time or having sex with the infected partner can also lead to this disease.
Create this article
The patient suffering from chronic symptomatic HIV infection has the following symptoms:-
- The patient may suffer from persisting diarrhea.
- The patient may suffer from night sweats.
- He may also complain of excessive sweating.
- He may often complain of fatigue and this fatigue may be persisting in nature.
- He may also have persisting fever.
- The patient may also suffer from malaise.
- Herpes Zoster infections may be recurring in nature.
- The patient may also complain of joint pains.
- Certain types of mouth disorders may also be seen, such as gingivitis, oral thrush and oral hairy leukoplakia.
- There may also be pain and loss of sensation.
- The patient may fail to control the movement of muscles.
- The patient may also suffer from skin disorders, such as fungal infection of the nails or skin, seborrheic dermatitis and Molluscum contagiosum.
- There may be weight loss and swollen lymph glands.
Try to avoid the sexual exposure with more than one partner at a time. Use condom while having sex with your partner. Try to avoid reusing the used needle as much as possible.
Our users add : Create this article
|Conservative Treatment||Modern Medicine|
Antiretroviral therapies are given to slow down the growth of the virus in the body of the patient. A combination of drugs, such as Highly Active Antiretroviral therapy (HAART) may be administered to considerably cut down the count of virus in the blood of the patient and simultaneously increase the count of CD4. Even after taking these drugs the patient is under the condition of transmitting disease from one person to another.
Get expert advise on pricing, expertise and availability To book a free counselling session
please fill in your details-