Epididymitis is a condition in which inflammation of epididymis takes place. Epididymis is a coiled tube present at the back of the testicle and stores and carries sperm. Males of age group of 20-39 years are affected from the condition.
Create this article
The condition occurs due to a number of causes. The causes are:
- Sexually Transmitted Disease- STDs like chlamydia and gonorrhoea are among the most common cause of the condition.
- Other infections- Bacterial infections cause Epididymitis in non-sexually active people. Those people who are having prostate infections or urinary tract infections, bacteria get spread to the epididymis from the infected site. In rare cases, the disease is caused by fungal infection.
- Urine in epididymis- When urine flow backward into the epididymis, the condition occurs.
- Tuberculosis can also cause the condition.
- Heart medication Amiodarone also causes inflammation of epididymis.
Create this article
Low-grade fever, chills and heavy sensation in the testicle are some of the symptoms of the condition. Other symptoms are:
- Blood in the semen
- Groin pain
- Lump in the testicle
- Tenderness or swelling in the groin area
- Pain during ejaculation
- Discomfort or pain in the pelvis
Early diagnosis and early treatment helps in preventing complication in Epididymitis. Practising safe sex is another way of preventing the condition.
Our users add : Create this article
|Antibiotic Therapy||Modern Medicine|
The infection can be treated by medications. STDs are treated through antibiotics. Sexual partners are given anti-inflammatory and pain medications for treating the infection. Bed rest, application of eye packs and elevating the scortum, etc. are also recommended. In order to verify that infection has gone away completely or not, regular visit to the doctor is required.
Get expert advise on pricing, expertise and availability To book a free counselling session
please fill in your details-